Angie’s Fresh Dough Mini Pizzas with Roasted Garlic & Heirloom Tomatoes
Angie has perfected this pizza recipe. A favourite when we gather as a family…
I’ve given instruction for a Gourmet style pizza but the toppings can be adapted to your liking and “audience”
- Prep time: 15 m
- Ready In: 25 m
- Oven temp: 400F
Ingredients for the Pizza Dough
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Mix flour, baking powder, and salt together in a bowl
- Stir in milk and olive oil until a soft dough forms.
- Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead 10 times.
- Shape dough into a ball. Cover dough with an inverted bowl and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Roll dough thinly into 2 6 inch circles on a baking sheet.
Before assembling bake the crust for 8 minutes in a 400F oven .
Ingredients for Assembly
- 2 heads bulbs of Noble organics garlic – roasted
- heirloom tomatoes – sliced into ½ inch slices
- 2 shallots – sliced
- 1 package fresh premium mozzarella – about 4oz.per pizza – depending on how cheesy you want it
- arugula or chopped spinach
- brown mushrooms
- 2 Tbsp of your best olive oil
- Good quality balsamic glaze
- When the crust is baked ready for toppings, add roasted garlic cloves by squeezing out the buttery roasted garlic onto the dough
- Add heirloom tomato slices, shallots and mushroom pieces
- Then add the mozzarella cheese
- Return to the oven and bake until light golden brown, about 10 minutes
- Remove from oven. Add greens immediately so they will wilt, drizzle olive oil and balsamic glaze
- Serve immediately