Buttery Roasted Organic Garlic
Roasting garlic gives it a mild smoky sweetness that is just lovely.
The soft smoky cloves can be adapted in many recipes, used as a condiment. Serve warm or cold… The whole roasted garlic looks appealing on a dressed charcuterie platter
- 1 Noble Organics Garlic bulb for each person
- 1 teaspoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil per bulb
- Experiment with few leaves of fresh organic herbs like Rosemary or Thyme- on some bulbs- optional
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees
- Cut off top of bulb of garlic so that all cloves are cut and exposed
- Hint: the middle stem, from where the flower stalk grows, is tough. I use a small pair of garden shears to easily snip it off
- Place in a garlic roaster (or a muffin pan, loaf pan & cover with parchment paper & foil)
- Drizzle olive oil over all the cloves
- Sprinkle with the fresh herb if desired
- Bake at 400 degrees for 40 -45 minutes or until the cloves are soft & caramelized
When it is done the individual cloves will be golden brown and spreadable like butter. You can use a butter knife to dig the clove right out of its skin. (or separate the cloves and squeeze the buttery goodness out…delish!