Thai Curry Sweet Potato Soup
Healthy & Warming for an autumn day… mildly spicy & creamy.
This soup freezes well.
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- Cooking time: 25 minutes
- Serves: 6
- 2 Tbsp. Oil
- 1 medium Ontario onion
- 2-3 cloves Noble organics Garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. finely grated gingerroot
- 1 tsp. each ground cumin, coriander and turmeric
- ¼ tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 4 cups Ontario Sweet Potatoes
- 1 can (398ml) coconut milk
- 1 tbsp organic lime juice
- Chopped peanuts
- Grated organic lime rind
- Fresh coriander, mint or parsley
In a large saucepan, medium temperature only , heat oil. Saute onion,until softened then add in the spices and herbs…about 3 minutes Hint: adding garlic after the onion is softened will avoid burning it, preserve flavour.
Add the broth, sweet potatoes and coconut milk, bring to a boil, cover & reduce heat to low. Cook for about 15 minutes (until potatoes are tender). Puree with a handheld blender then stir in the lime juice. Season to taste with salt. Serve garnished as desired.